Are You Thinking About Selling Your Home?
If you’re currently thinking about selling your home you may be facing a decision question of whether or not you should remodel. When you consider remodeling, you need to think about if you can recoup your remodeling costs at closing. Will remodeling help my home sell faster? If I do remodel, is the stress of a remodel worth it? How much of the home should I remodel? There is obviously a lot to consider when it comes down to the decision to remodel.
Empirical data (facts & figures) all but prove that a complete remodel will probably not get you the return on investment that you would hope. In most cases, people really don’t make back the money spent on a major remodel project. So instead of an all out remodel, you can consider making smaller changes that are easier on the wallet, and can bring a much greater return! Rather than knocking down walls, and pulling up your flooring, try a few home staging ideas first.
Avoid costly, time-consuming remodeling projects and focus on staging your home instead:
- A fresh coat of paint on the inside and outside
- Replace torn or broken screens and storm doors
- Update the front door and entry hardware
- Update light fixtures
- Add new, stylish hardware to the exterior
- Declutter, declutter declutter
- Make your home more green/energy efficient
- Add more insulation in the attic
- Replace weather stripping to prevent leaks
- Paint your garage door
- Plant some seasonal flowers
Overall, you’re more likely to recoup your expenses by completing simple, minor updates as compared to a large remodel. It is always advised to do some updating, but major renovations should be handled on a home by home basis.
Interested in learning more? Contact me today!